Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Most Wholesome Family Fun Packed Vacation

If you thought that my little Brown family couldn't possible have another vacation as sweet as the "Horse, Architecture, and Beach Retreat," then you better hold on to your socks because at the beginning of October the Browns enjoyed another little family adventure to St. George. Not quite as exotic as California mind you, but what we lacked in traveling time, we made up in wholesome family fun!
Every year my pops plays softball in the World Huntsman Senior Games. Last year we went down to watch him play and had so much fun we decided to make it an annual trip. Unfortunately, my dads team was out of the playoffs before we got down there which is a bummer and probably the first time his team hasn't made it to the playoffs...ever. Nory Bug still looked super cute in her official "Second Wind" team uniform even if she didn't get to see her Gramps play.


Because we weren't able to watch America's favorite pastime, we had to fill our little vacation with other wholesome activities because you know what they say, "A family that plays together stays together," or some sort of cheesy jazz like that, right?

We started the vaCae out with a little antique shopping. Well me and my mom did. Chris, my dad and the babyface opted out of this activity.  Rumor had it that the little shop we went to was owned by a hoarder and her kids want her to get rid of everything but she doesn't want to and so she's upset with her family. Of course we needed to investigate. The rumors seem to be accurate, at least on a few accounts. The place was crazy full of stuff. I can't even  begin to describe how packed with stuff the rooms of this little shop were. We did find some cool stuff.  I was a little disappointed because I was sure there would be a ghost in the basement hanging out with all the creepy old dolls and paintings. But alas, no ghost on this wholesome family fun vacation.

There was of course cemetaries on this trip. They may or may not have been haunted (Darn it, still no ghost sightings for me).


This was at Graften, which is a ghost town by Rock City. We had fun looking at old buildings, chasing lizards, rock hounding around (my madre is a crazy rock hounder. Chris and her are always looking for treasures), and enjoying the beautiful scenery.


 



What is a wholesome family vacation without a little apple pickin'? You think I am joking
 
 
 
We were driving around and saw a sign that said apple picking so we thought "what the heck"
 

Little boss loved every minute of it!
 

We even saw a parade.
 
 
Chris and my mom wanted to stop at a rock store. Because they really are crazy rock hounders
 
 
It was pretty exciting. They picked out an uncracked geode and the crazy worker cut it open for them. I wish I had video it was like Christmas morning. Chris and my mom were so excited. They picked a good one. It was really crystally inside :)
 
How about a magical ride on a carousel?
 
(Good thing Grandma and Grandpa stepped up and rode with that sweet little pixie. I was feeling crappy and Chris can't even look at the carousel without getting motion sickness)

 
Nothin' like a good ol' creek stomping fun
 
 
Don't worry of course we let Elanora drink out of recycled water, water that tons of kids were running around in...yum!
 
 
This is where the vacation takes a turn for the worst. We were going to eat at Chuck A Rama and then my parents were going to watch Babyface so Chris and I could have a hot date at the movies, but unfortunately, I was feeling sick that whole day and by evening I was down for the count. No fun to have the flu on vacation :(
 
The last stretch of vacation was a side trip to Grantsville for some pun'kin painting with the cousins
 
 
Baseball, ghost towns, apple pickin', parade watching ,geode smashing, carousel riding, creek stompin', pun'kin painting, does it get any more wholesome or any better then that?
 
 
I think not!
 

No comments: