Saturday, November 23, 2013

Scary Moments

I have had a few scary moments in my life.
I once was riding on the back of a bullet bike, the driver popped a wheelie and we almost flipped backwards...shhh don't tell my mom, she definitely would not have approved. Not the greatest bike ride I had ever been on.

 
(Ha ha, that's 18 yr old, "I'm so cool "me, next to the said bullet bike. A long, long time ago )
  Once Chris and I went snowboarding in the back country. My car's fuel line froze, there was a crazy storm heading our way and we were stranded where the odds of someone driving by were slim. Luckily for us a drunk guy put his beer down just long enough to pull over and pick us up. We had to sit on open beer cans but we got down the mountain. Not my most fun snowboarding trip.
(That's the storm coming in)

(Look at that stud, so young)

(Can you see the tears. Not fun watching the old car getting towed off the mountain)
 
Just a couple years ago a drunk guy jumped into the back of my car. My hunky super hero, Chris just happened to wander out into the driveway and about broke the guys arm dragging him out of my car. Honest mistake, the guy was drunk and confused. Not going to lie, it was horrifying.
 
But never in my life have I been more terrified than the day our little miracle Everly was born.

This most unflattering picture documents one of the happiest days of our lives. Also one of the scariest. I see 2 very physically and emotionally tired parents. Parents who might have watched their little baby's heart struggling to beat all night and into the afternoon long.






 


No comments: