Friday, August 1, 2014

Man vs Nature

Every once in a while Chris and I start to get an itch. We don't have "bucket lists". In fact I'm not the biggest fan of these so call "bucket lists". We have goals, sometimes we even write our little aspirations down. But I don't let myself get bogged down with the details of my wants. I really truly enjoy my life and the crazy things that I can and cannot control that get thrown into my worldly mix. This is life right now, right this minute and I don't intend to spend my life filling up notebooks with every single thing I could possibly ever want to do. I intend to live it, feel it and breath it. The "it" being the now. All the while keeping a careful list of goals and adventures somewhere in this barmy brain of mine. And sometimes when the old noodle feels a little full I let these ideas spill on the pages of one of my carefully tattered notebooks.  
But I digress, we do...you know, sometimes get an itch and we need to explore some place new. Sometimes we go backpacking or camping. A few years ago we decided to follow my horse training idols and throw in some architecture for Chris and go on the "Horse, Architecture and Beach Retreat".
This year we picked a random place on the map and it just happened to be


OREGON!
It was our Man vs Nature Tour 2014.
And boy, was it something. We did an odd mix of the most random, amazingly great things. We did an awful lot of driving, people watching (definitely got to see the "keep it weird Portland" motto come to life (in a good way!)), eating good food, swimming, driving, hiking, animals, bridges, driving, architecture (which technically I guess, bridges would fall under this category, but it makes it look like we did more things if I separate them), beaches, driving, waterfalls, throwing up (don't worry only 50% of our traveling group experienced the throwing up), and a most horrifying experience on one of those creepy fair rides, an experience that will definitely go down as one of my memorable scary mom experiences. We were lucky. It could have been worse. Thank goodness for centrifugal force...wait, or is it centripetal force. I think in this instance it was centrifugal force because it threw her to the outside of the center...right? Anybody? Anybody? Okay we will go with it. Centrifugal force.
 
There you have it.  The Man vs Nature Tour 2014.
 

No comments: