Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Love!

Summer is in full swing at the Brown residence. We have been taking our summer pretty serious around here. It's a balancing act. Equal parts fun and relaxation. Maybe throw in a minimal amount of house chores. Except when I add chores into the mix, it really throws off the balance so I try not to add too much of that kind of stuff in our schedule.
 
We have a list (because I love lists!)of things we want to accomplish this summer. Nory also wrote out a list. She picked the items and she uses a stamp to mark off the things that we have done
(The circles before the word is the spot where she stamps her stamp :))
Our summer weekly schedule can be a little tiring but we always sleep good at night!
 
M: Dance class, fast house clean up and laundry (I try to do all my laundry in one day to get it over with).
 
T: Story time at the library followed up by a walk in the park.
W: Park day with neighbors.
Th: Relax and random adventure day.
 
F: House cleaning day (the girlies have chores to do everyday), relaxing and another random adventure day.
 
S: Hiking Day.
 
S: Spiritual renewal day.
 
The hardest part is adding in Everly's nap. Oh boy, we do not want  her to miss her nap! That little thing turns into a dinosaur if she doesn't have her nap! While she's napping Nora and I enjoy some one on one time. We read about 3 chapters in her book(We've already read 3 small chapter books this summer!), craft projects, school work and we like to play starfall on the computer. 
 
I also like to add some messy activities at least once a week. Water coloring, play doh, slime, shaving cream, making our own crayons
 
 
 
 
 

I have diligently scoured all the surrounding cities summer activities and compiled a list (remember I really love lists)  of great adventures to go on. The best part is most of them are free. You can't beat free!
 
I also like to give the girlies time to play on their own (I think it's good for them to have time to do their own thing). It gives me a little time to do a few things for me. I fill My time with writing, reading, YouTube guitar lessons and I'm also taking a free online class course. I'm currently taking one called "Learning How to Learn" It's pretty interesting. I also try to wake up before the girls and workout. Sometimes I'm too lazy and so I just lay in bed and read :)
Chris and I are excited for the summer concert series. We went to our first one last week. Blonde Redheads. Hopefully we can fit more into our crazy summer
 
I love summer!!!
(girlies practicing their fishing skills)

The most important part of our summer is to slow down and enjoy the beauty that is this amazing earthly adventure and try not to worry about the dishes in the sink.

 
 


No comments: