Monday, September 17, 2012

I Guess if We Have to Go Back

Have I mentioned on this blog that I have a super, fantastic mom? Well she is simply amazing. None of that counts as being prideful or bragging because it is all true and then some more! It seems a little unfair that I should have a wonderful mother and an equally remarkably mom - in- law.
(I should stop for fear I will alienate the 2 people who read my blog, although I think it's safe to say those 2 readers may or may not, just happen to be my mom and my mother-in-law).
This year was the 2nd annual Grandma's Back To School Party or GBSP 2012.


(Notice the child with no pants and a crazy messy licorice face, who are her parents? honestly)

We started the party out right by making homemade pizza
We had backup in case the whole, make-your-own-pizza-thing didn't pan out (lucky for us because Canyon might have dropped his pizza on grandma's rug, I can't quite tell from the picture)
 


This year Grandma Page had a theme which she found from the scriptures. It was Alma 53:20 "... and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity...they were true at all times."
She talked about the theme and even made a Goliath to scale. The kiddos had fun measuring themselves to find out how tall they would have been compared to him.
 
 
Then we excercised our mad clothing designer skills and decorated shirts with the theme printed on them.
 
 
Then all the kiddos decorated boxes making them into cars and we had a drive-in movie. They sat in those tiny boxes for about half the movie. I'm sure it was crazy comfortable!
(The neighbor girl was walking by and joined in the fun)

After the movie, all the kids went to bed promptly at 10:00. They all fell asleep without laughing and giggling all night, keeping us all up.
The next morning Grandpa Page made pancakes. After everyone had full bellys we went on the 2nd annual school supply scavenger hunt. I found a cool way to make the clues on scratch cards.
We made slime, which stained all of our hands with food coloring. We ended the 2nd annual Grandma's Back To School Party 2012 with swimming and going down the slip'n'slide
 
 Thanks Grandma you're the best grandma in the world!
 


No comments: