Thursday, July 11, 2013

And We're Fighting in 1...2...3...Now

Chris and I don't fight very often. I mean, really how could I fight with that hunky beast? He is just too darn nice. But every once in a while the planets align and I get tired and hungry but don't know which I would rather do, sleep, eat or be mad.
 
Last Saturday, everything thing was in perfect orbit. We had the longest week of being out in the crazy hot sun everyday  and staying out until at least 11:00 pm every night. Saturday was no exception. We had a jam packed day full of church building cleanup, a toddler bed found on ksl pick-up, all smashed between baptisms for 2 of the cutest kids you will ever meet. Really, I wish I had pictures so you could see just how perfect Nory Bugs cousins, Ashley and Ashton are and what a perfect day it was. It was amazing to see those cute kids and the spirit was so strong!

But by the end of the day I was so exhausted I could hardly stand. Elanora had only a 30 minute nap that she took in the car while we were driving from place to place. With toddler bed squished up against Nora's car seat and her singing all about getting to sleep in a big girl bed, we weary travelers made it home.

This is where the trouble began. I was so tired and sat down on the couch and soon fell asleep. When I woke up at 9 I was disoriented and still tired. This is when the trouble started. Chris informed me that Elanora had gone to bed on her big girl bed like a champ....awesome right?...NO, I was so mad that I didn't get to tuck her into her new bed with Chris (we usually tuck her in together, kissing her, singing with her and giggle with her as we put her down). I missed her first night in the big girl bed.

So I  peeked in on her feeling warm and fuzzy that my baby was such a big girl.

(This was first thing the next morning)
Then I promptly ignored Chris for the rest of the night.
But how can I stay mad at that face of his? Especially if I may have overreacted a tad.

(This was at nap time the next day)

(This crazy baby likes to sleep with a creepy bunny that I made her, a cat my Aunt Nadean bought her and her baby that she named "Baby Brother Sister)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: