Monday, July 22, 2013

Pinterest Interest

Chris and I have a difference of opinion on what is funny. I have the, "see someone trip and then they look around all embarrassed." Like dry, sarcastic funny bone. Chris has the, "If you rhyme 2 words," slap stick, goofy funny bone.
 
I'm not quite sure how many times I have heard Chris say ,"I have no interest in pinterest" after I've said, "I saw something on pinterest." Funny boy.
 
After the 100th time I've heard this, I thought it was high time that Chris eat his words. Thus the beginning of something in our household I like to call "Pinterest Interest". Once a week I make a new recipe that I found, you guessed it, right off pinterest.
 
My first attempt was this
 
It was yummy and gets 4 gold stars in the Brown family! Elanora loved it!
 
Next I made this.
Darn, it won't let me swipe the picture for my blog. I hate when that happens. It is Bacon Ranch Slowcooker Chicken. It was a little disappointing. I thought it was going to be the best thing ever, I mean bacon and a packet of ranch seasoning, can't go wrong with those. It was okay and gets 2 thumbs up.
 
Now this was super good
 
 The sauce was to die for! A little time consuming, but worth it. This definitely received 10 points and 2 high 5's.
 
I made an elk steak marinade. I won't post the link because how many people eat elk steak for dinner? It was pretty good, with the left over elk steak I made fajitas.
 
Now this was the best of all the game!!! Again, I can't post the picture but it is a good thing because you would be drooling all over your computer. Bruschetta Chicken. So good, so easy. It earned a whooping 5 gold stars, 5 thumbs up, 150 Gryffindor Quidditch points and 3 very licked clean plates.
 
 I have discovered that cooking isn't too horrible and that I'm not as bad a cook as I thought I was and Chris definitely has interest in pinterest now!
 


No comments: