Tuesday, August 27, 2013

American Idol

Actually I hate that show (note the title of the post...that show). So this post isn't about my undying love for Americas next top idol (Although I have been known to indulge in a little 'America's Next Top Model, shhhh, don't hold it against me).
I have a few people I look up to and respect. People that I think I would one day like to meet. Which, considering I am pretty anti-social and don't always enjoy the company of humans, a few people, in my book is a lot.
I was able to meet see 2 of my idols (that just sounds creepy, right?) when Chris and I went on our 'Horse, Architecture and Beach Retreat'. I write 'see' instead of 'meet' because unfortunately I am a huge anti-social dork with a serious phobia of people, (although I hide it well) and was at an awesome seminar where I got to learn from 2 of my horse training idols. After the seminar, they came out to get pictures with people. I wanted to meet them so bad and get my picture with them but was too much of a wimp and got a picture of them with some other chic. 
 
 
Awesomely sad. I was devastated. Even Chris was a little heart broken for me. 
 
A few months ago Chris came home from a bishopric meeting and said, "Who is you favorite Apostle?" Without a second thought I stated, "Elder Christopherson". Since he was put in to the Quorum of the 12 and has been able to address us at General Conference I have loved every talk I have heard and he has quickly become one of my favorites. Chris then informed me he would be coming to our Stake Conference.
I was ecstatic and could hardly wait to shake his hand and hear him talk...in no particular order.
Would I be brave enough to shake his hand?

 
 Well I definitely was brave enough to stand several feet away, while my friend Vicki inconspicuously took that gem of a picture on her phone. We were laughing pretty hard the whole time, me trying to build my courage to shake his hand. Never fear, I was brave and I shook his hand. Man, Kelli you're so brave!
 
 


No comments: