Monday, January 25, 2016

It Still Did

And here we go. A new year is upon us
 I'm ready for the profoundly, intricate jaunt down the halls of 2016. I love this life I have been blessed with. I love the intense climbs, the deep plummets and the gentle hum of the mundane. The extremes of all complimenting each other as they fold and mix together. Creating a life perfectly, imperfect. I embrace and welcome that imperfection. I'm at home in imperfections strong arms.
 
2015 treated us well and even when it didn't, it still did.
Right off the bat, our poor, little Evers got sick. We spent countless hours in different doctor's offices. We went from her pediatrician, to Primary Children's Hospital, to Mckay Dee hospital, to the allergist, back to her pediatrician and then back to Primary's. Test after test, sample after sample. This poor girl saw so many doctors that to this day she gets mad when we pull into the parking lot of her pediatrican. Finally, we decided to take her to a kinesiologist. He did what others couldn't and along with many prayers and blessings, she was soon back to her spunky self.    
 


I didn't get pictures of her getting a barium test done because that was way too traumatic for me, I didn't even think to pull out my camera as I was trying hold back tears. In hindsight, I wish I would have so one day we could have shown her what she had to go through. They had to tie her legs together, pin her down and make her drink a gross drink which she spit back in their faces as she screamed at them.  The nurse thought she was the cutest, strong willed baby. She laughed about how Evers wasn't just crying but that little girl was shouting angry baby babble at them. It seemed unbearable to watch my baby suffer. How grateful we felt to Heavenly Father for helping us through this trial.
 
Around the time we got Babylove's stuff under control My horse, Blue got sick. He dropped so much weight. I thought it was time to send my old buddy to greener pastures. I had him at an acupuncturist, chiropractor, a couple different vets, until finally, we got some answers. We then calorie packed his diet and he was and is, back to his wild self.

We had some major job changes in our household. When Everly got sick, we decided it would be best for me to quit my job and concentrate on getting her feeling 100%. I loved my job. Working with children with special needs was one of the most rewarding things I've done in my life. It was challenging but those challenges paled in comparison to the joy. I was sad to leave but knew it was time.
A few months after I quit, Chris got a new job in Heber City. He was sad to leave the friends he had made but excited for this new adventure. Change is scary but what's life without a sprinkle of scary.
We had an awesome amount of excellent adventures. We love the great outdoors (I'm pretty sure I could do this whole paragraph in movie titles) so we introduced Hiking Saturday into our weekly mix. The hikes filled our Saturdays with dirt, rocks, waterfalls, caves, heat, a few accidental dives into the water and a few not so accidental dives into the water, a few tears and tired feet. We loved every minute of it.
(We hiked all over the place. In no particular order: The Kays Creek walkway, a waterfall in Centerville, Donut Falls, Patsy's Mine, Farmington walkway, Causey Reservoir, Adams Canyon, Fernwood, Cascade Springs, a fairy garden in the Uinta mountains, Antelope Island, Zion National Park, and to petroglyphs in Santa Clara.)

For my Birthday, Chris surprised me with an airplane ride. It was absolutely breathtaking!



 We went to St. George for a week to watch my dad play softball in the Huntsman Senior World game. We were able to see my dad receive a ring for playing in the games for 15 years. It was so neat. We had so much fun. We watched America's favorite pastime, hiked, ate, swam, went to Tuacahn and many more lively happenings.
At the end of the summer, we were lucky enough to spend a few days at our sister in-law's family cabin in Heber City. We went swimming, bowling, hiking, and best of all we were able to relax and enjoy the beauty of Heber City.
Elanora started pre-school. I can't believe my little Babyface is old enough to go to school. She's a smart gal and she loves every minute of it. On the first day of school she said I could just drop her off and then leave. My independent girl. It was so hard to leave her. Even though she only goes twice a week for a few hours, I miss her when she's gone. How am I ever going to handle kindergarten?

 We went to carnivals, fairs, festivals. We celebrated holidays and birthdays. We played at the park and watched super blood moon eclipses. We played in the rain, the snow, and in the sprinklers. Attended church and visited temples and we swam every week in between. How truly blessed and grateful we are for the memories made within the pages of 2015.
Oh yes, 2015 treated us well, and even when it didn't

It still did.
 
 
 
 
 




No comments: