Saturday, February 13, 2016

Love is in the Air

Valentine's Day gets a bad rap. I'm the first to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of this consumer driven, card manufactured holiday. I've never been a soft and fuzzy feelin', chick flick watchin' kind of gal. But, I do love many people in my life and how fun it is to let them know how much I do love them.
Being a parent is hard. There are so many things I wish for my girlies. The main thing I want my baby girlies to know is how much Chris and I love them and how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them.
Chris and I tell the girlies over and over how much we love them. We tickle, hug, kiss, chase and laugh with our cute gals. I hope they always know how much we love them.
 
The world is loud. It's full of noise. The noise sometimes tries to block out the love of our Heavenly Father and sometimes the noise wins. We are constantly bombarded with degrading music, TV and magazines. It makes it hard to feel loveable and easier to feel not good enough. I want my girls to know where they came from and how much their Heavenly parents loves them and how they will always be there, even when it seems like they aren't. 
It seems a daunting task to teach my little loves this when the world is so loud. So loud in fact that there are times when I feel down and lonely and not good enough. 
A few months ago I was thinking about what I would ask Heavenly father or Jesus Christ if I were to be able to see them that day. I have a million questions because that's how my crazy mind works. I want to know how everything works. I tried to narrow it down to a few questions. Over the course of a few days I finally thought. "I just want to know you care". 
The next day I was reading my scriptures. I usually read them on my phone but this day I pulled out my triple combination and thought where should I look. I decided randomly to turn to 1 Peter. I turned to chapter 5 and then I read verse 7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  
I found it so interesting that my Heavenly Father loves me so much that he would answer my one question. I want my girls to know with surety, that Heavenly Father "careth" for them. So I will teach them.
For FHE last week we talked about why we celebrate Valentine's Day. We made sure the girls knew and know that we love them and then I asked who loves you the most and without skipping a beat Nory said "Jesus loves me!"
We talked about how Jesus loves us and he want us to love everyone. We then made Valentine's and did a few secret Valentine's service projects (don't want to spoil our secret projects with too many details). As we did these certain secret projects Nora giggled and giggled. Everly joined in the fun. At the end of the night, we were driving home and Nora smiling ear to ear said, "Best night ever!!!" 
 
Over the last couple weeks we've done some other fun Valentine's activities like wreathes
and Valentine's
Chris and I decorated the girls doors with conversation hearts
(In case you're wondering I do let the girls tape art work to their door. It's too cute I can't say no.)
We did an awesome science project. Making crystal hearts. I can't wait to see what they look like tomorrow!




 Love is definitely in the air and I hope my girlies never forget how much Chris and I love them and how much their Heavenly Parents love them!


1 comment:

maria john said...

Wow!!! Such a great topic is that, I enjoyed it and also loved that kinds of article, your article is very creative and I also like those DIY that you have posted through pics. Thanks you for sharing such article. Keep it up.... You can also follow us on Read More