Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Part 4: Will These Vacation Posts Ever End?

Please oh please let's wrap this up. I'll try to make this fast, but when I have so many cute pictures of Nora girl it's hard to only post a few.
We went to the Getty Musuem. I guess I lied, we did ride a train and I completely forgot. The Getty Musuem is on top of a mountain and we had to ride a train to the top.
The architecture was beautiful. Chris explained that the architect, Richard Meier, believed that if he used color rather than white, it would distract from the form.
The art was breathtaking! How can I pick just one or two pictures to show?
I'll spare you the naked ones, even though they were tastefully stunning (just don't notice that the statues have no clothes)
This is me telling Nora that she'll love art, especially Van Gogh.
We couldn't get enough of the Getty, although Elanora did. We were running from painting to painting and sculpture to sculpture trying to soak in all the beauty, while the Lil' Miss let us know that it was time to go.
What a wonderfully cultured day we had!
I changed my mind, everyone needs a little nakedness in their life, especially if the statue has a tail



No comments: