Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Part 5: Beach Love

I have never been to the beach and I was unprepared for the sight.
As we drove along the coast, Chris told me to look at the end of the road and what I saw took my breath away.
It was terrifying and beautiful and terrifying. The waves crashing to the shore and miles and miles of ocean nothingness laid out before me. It made me claustrophobic.
But like the siren call it was, the ocean wrapped its feathered arms around my soul and we were unable to stear our boat away. We came back almost every night.
A long time ago, Chris and his brothers almost drowned in the very spot we couldn't stay away from.
Elanora loved the beach but hated the waves
Two homeless men serenaded Nora, she loved it!
You can bet we'll answer the oceans siren song again!

No comments: