Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Karma Police

You know what they say, "Karma's a ..."
And this my friends is Karma

It was one of those days. You know, the days were you have to wake up at 6:30am, get ready, get the cute tired kiddos ready, pack everything and everyone into the car, drive to the parents, nurse the baby, kiss the little Lovies and tear yourself away from them, trying not to cry, drive to work, teach, chase, and play with cute kids, pump, teach, chase, and play with cute kids, pump again... It's at this point you realize you're tired, a little stressed and not pumping enough milk to feed you sweet baby girl, which is not okay(let me state for the record, I don't care whether mothers choose to nurse or formula feed their babies, your baby, your choice. As mothers...as woman...heck as people, we should all stop feeling guilty and just do what is best for our situation. But for me I wasn't going to accept this, not going to happen. Guess that means I'll add pumping at 5 am and 11 pm),work, work, work, pick up kids, cook, nurse, dishes, laundry, clean, bedtime, sleep and then up at 6:30am to start this crazy dance again.
Yes, to set up this twisted, little, karma filled story, it was one of those days.
I was at work, feeling a little disheartened and to top it off my lips were chapped. I opened the cupboard(where we keep our purses, the purse which contains my chapstick) My coworker, having just come in from recess, had a floppy brimmed hat on. Not seeing the opened cupboard (because of said hat) walked right into that cupboard door, bumping her head.
I looked at her. I felt bad and then because my emotions were right on the edge and because dealing with my emotions in an appropriate way like a civilized adult makes me uncomfortable and I just can't do it. I laughed. Not an under the breath giggle but an out right full, hearty belly laugh. I couldn't stop. I went on and on for a ridiculous amount of time. She looked at me and said "Karma"
Karma indeed. Tired, baking, hot pans and scraping out super hot spaghetti squash just don't mix. Karma and stress are fickle lovers.
(My version of a make-upless grumpy cat)
 
 
 




2 comments:

The Atwood's said...

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that laughs when I or someone else get's hurt. LOL

Jake and Milin said...

Have you tried fennel oil for not producing enough milk? It has worked for me and a few other peoples know who has had that problem. Good luck! Your kids are adorable!