Friday, June 3, 2011

DON'T MAKE ME BUST OUT THE NAKED PICTURES!

I have always thought that the first time I would traumatize little Nora would be on her first date. The door bell will ring and I'll anwser it, so she can make her grand entrance. As the cute boy waits for his beautiful date... you better believe I'll bust out all of those cute, naked baby pictures of Elanora, embarrasing her to no end! But alas, I'm traumatizing her now :(
Yesterday she had to get shots and it was horrible! I hated every second of it. Chris took off work because I figured it might be a little tough to deal with and we would need big, strong daddy to get us both through it.
It was so sad! The nurses put her on the table and as they were talking to Chris and me, telling us what was going to happen, Elanora was looking at them talk and thinking they were talking to her, she smiled and smiled at them. Not knowing they were going to stab her violently in the leg (a little drammatic...I think not, it was that horrible).
I watched the nurses put the needle in her leg and everything was in slow motion. I looked at babyface and her smile faded and she got a confused look on her face. I thought for a minute she was not going to cry, but then the pain hit her and she let out the most horrible cry I have ever heard. Now we've heard a lot of crying from my sweet little girl because she has acid reflux and colic, but this is the worst thing I have ever heard. Chris grabbed her fast, he held her tight and I grabbed her from him with tears filling my eyes, listening to the most horrific noise I have ever heard. The nurse was talking to us about the next appointment, I did not hear any of it(hopefully Chris did).
I thought I was doing good with just a few silent tears as we walked out the door, but when we hit the pavement of the parking lot I completely lost it and started sobbing along with my baby girl. Eventually we both calmed down, she was so tired that she fell asleep, but when she woke up an hour later she was hurting and crying that worst-cry-ever cry, so we gave her baby tylenol and she calmed down. Boy did my heart hurt, she was traumatized (as I write this she is sleeping peacefully in her swing and I'm tearing up, but it was her that was traumatized).
I guess showing her boyfriends her naked baby pictures won't be her first traumatic experience :) and for fun, here are the cutest bath pictures ever!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Oh, shots. How sad they are. It's a pity kids need them, eh? I wish I could give you a hug and tell you you'll never have to do that again, but we know that's a lie. So...here's a hug instead. *squeeze*

As for the pictures, they are so sweet! I just want to squeeze those fatty legs! (But I'll wait a couple of days for that *wink*)

Unknown said...

You are such a sweet mama. It is the worst hearing your baby cry that hard. It is definitely a cry from the depths :( I'm glad chris got to go too, my Chris never really go to. She is such a beautiful girl. I love those pics! I need to see her soon!!