Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rope and the Mud, the Steers and the Blood....

...You guessed it...RODEO!!! I'm pretty sure that is how the song goes. In the scary teenage years when I was a little lost and my musical taste was underdeveloped, I did dabble in country music(almost not willing to admit it). The haze of my adolescence cleared and I stopped the evil practice of listening to country music(although I will admit I love classic gun fighter ballads and Johnny Cash).
This was the sweet lil' things first ever rodeo. I love rodeos and do intend on forcing Nora to love everything horse...minus country music(just ask Chris, if I would have known that he listened to country music before we were married, it would have been a deal breaker:)).
What a perfect first rodeo for Elanora! My niece Jaycee rode in the mutton bustin' event. For those of you ignorant in the ways of rodeo, 'mutton bustin'(important to note that there is no 'g' at the end of bustin') is when you ride a sheep. She was decked out in the cutest hat and pink boots. Not only did she look cute but she hung on to that little sheep like it was her job! She got a whoppin'(notice I omitted the 'g' that's how us seasoned rodeo folk talk)73, which happened to be fourth place! You betcha, I was keeping track. Pretty awesome! There was no mud or blood but she did land on her shoulder which was a little sore after but just added to the tuff(again that is how we rodeo folk spell it) girl's ride.


The rest of the rodeo was pretty great too! It was so hot when we got there that we couldn't put little Nora in her cowgirl shirt until half way through the rodeo, so she chilled in her wife beater onesie(that is how we do it around these parts) for the first part of the rodeo. She is having fun! Remember that thing I said about forcing her to love all things horses :)you thought I was joking. She LOVES this outfit!!!Look at the perfect little cowgirl boots my Aunt Ann made to go with the outfit. I love these, her first cowgirl boots :)Elanora really did good for her first of many rodeos. I probably would not have dared to take her if the voodoo was not working so well:) We had some good ol' fashion family fun.
Some pictures of my beautiful family enjoying the rodeo









2 comments:

Cindy said...

So so cute! I love her cowgirl outfit!

Kate said...

It was so fun! She was the cutest cowgirl there! You will have to email the pics of the boys. Good thing you are the best mom and take a camera! See you soon!!