Sunday, September 4, 2011

Time flys when you're having fun...or when you have to go back to work and leave your sweet baby. I get home from work and just want to kiss, hug and cuddle the sweet babyface and nothing else.
Yesterday, I realized just how much I haven't done around the house. Not when I walked into the kitchen and saw the sink of dirty dishes, not when I walked into the bedroom and saw a pile of clean clothes not folded(more like three piles, but at least they were clean)still in the laundry basket and on the floor, but when I went out to the chicken coop to feed and water the cute fluffy birds. I couldn't find Ebo so I opened the hen house and Ebo was sitting on her egg, so I gently nudged her off her nest and oh my, she did not have one or two eggs, she was laying on 17. Yes, some how my chicken had layed 17 eggs and I didn't notice.

The last 2 weeks I was feeling a little like I've been juggling a lot of...well eggs, trying to catch all of them but instead of catching them, I've ended up dropping most of them. Hence my chicken sitting on 17 of those eggs without me knowing.
Between waking up at 6:30, getting me ready, feeding lil' miss, getting her ready, dropping her off at my moms(this includes me crying, hopefully the third week is a charm and it gets easier),driving to Farmington, teaching cute kids, locked in a bathroom pumping, potty training, no lunch break, chasing kids down the hall, changing diapers, locked in an office pumping, organizing art projects, walking kids to the bus, driving to Layton, feeding sweet Nora, driving to South Weber, feeding horses, Driving to Clearfield, and loving my baby girl and hot hubby. How in the world can I check the hen house for eggs, let alone workout to lose those baby pounds, fold laundry, cook dinner, read, blog, ride my horse...ahhhh.

I saw that video and realized my chicken didn't mind warming her 17 eggs a little longer. The clean laundry didn't mind laying on the floor, the dishes were fine chillin' in the sink, but my baby did care that I held her until bed, or laid in the grass that needed to be cut, staring at the trees, or singing everything we did that evening. Plus, I'm blessed to have a wonderful hubby to pick up the slack :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me cry with that video. Ha ha I know we all feel like there is too much to do in a day at one time or another. Life is so crazy sometimes! You are doing great and definitely have the right attitude about it. Enjoy the moments you do have and make them count. Thanks for the reminder :)