Saturday, February 11, 2012

Third wheel

Art, wine, and cheese. Minus the wine because we don't drink wine, although Chris loves to look at the bottles and their labels. One time in Nappa Valley he went dumpster diving for a wine bottle because the label was cool(come to our house and you can see that prized bottle on display in our kitchen). Also minus the cheese because it had been sitting out on a table all night long and I don't know whose fingers brushed against the piece I want to eat. GROSS!
You guessed it Ogden Gallery Stroll!!!

We have been to the Salt Lake Gallery Stroll and the Park City Gallery Stroll. *WARNING* I may or may not be very proud of my husband and I may or may not brag right here right now on this blog: My very awesomely hot husband has brains and talent. He's been featured in both the Salt Lake Gallery Stroll and the Park City Gallery Stroll.
Click----->Here. In the Salt Lake Gallery he and 3 other people did an installation(whatever that is. It is the bamboo sticks in the box with rocks in his portfolio). A lady from the gallery 'The Pickle Company' saw it and asked if she could put it in her gallery. The 'Kimball art gallery' had all the graduate architecture students do a remodel of their building and they displayed them. Chris would be super mad if he sees this, good thing he doesn't read this blog :) *This concludes the prideful, bragging part of post.
Anyway, last Friday all three of us got all dolled up, no not the sister wife she was home doing the dishes because I'm the date wife not the cooking, cleaning wife. I mean the baby, Chris and I headed out for a night on the town.

Most of the art was not my cup of tea, but there were a few pieces that I liked. Because it was someones heart and soul on the page, and I think if I had art hanging on the wall I would feel like I was standing naked in front of everyone, wearing a sign the read 'judge me please.' Of course, it was all beautiful.
Navigating with a baby provided to be a little troublesome



Babyfaces first gallery stroll, ahhhhh.
Chris hated my outfit

I liked his

No comments: