Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Revisited

My last post was mushy and gushy and left my cold, cold heart feeling warm and fuzzy. We all know that gratitude is what it's all about. But it's also about family, food, football, and in our case, a throw-up stunt that cleared the Thanksgiving table.
*Leading up to this tasty event, poor little Nora had been a little under the weather :( She had a runny nose, a little cough, and a sick tummy (resulting in a loss of lunch a few times throughout the week. Poor sweet baby!)
*Also leading up to this event, I was feeding the girl organic baby food, which I make myself.
(Those 2 things are important to note because they become relevant later in the post).
This year it was the Page's turn to have the the Brown family for dinner. I'm sure my family was super stoked (remember when the cool kids used that word?) because I would be making my famous "rainbow jell-o" which takes a very long time to make. And this year it may or may not have been set up all the way, despite putting it into the freezer.(I also made some veggie crap no one liked)

(The glowing jell-o trick was done by Chris after a 25 min. search for a flashlight and 100 pictures to get it just right. I left the project after the first shot).
Jell-o wasn't the only thing we did a photoshoot for. We also did one with all the grandkids (although the jell-o was slightly more cooperative through the process).

This is the kids table, where all the action is.

I mentioned before that I make Elanora's baby food and I use organic fruits and veggies. Well, everyone(mainly my beautiful sis, Amber) thought I would be mad and it would be funny if they fed the baby girl food that had been salted, sugared and poisoned with pestisides. For the record I don't mind, everyone deserves a little salt, sugar and poison on Thanksgiving.
I made her organic yams

Everyone else gave her everything they could think of, including

Lil' Boss was sitting on Grandpa Page's lap while he was feeding her those heavenly mashed potatoes. I paused from shoveling in all the fixins' in my mouth to glance at Nora and noticed she was looking a little off. I told my dad "I think she's going to throw up." He laughed and said, "No way, she loves this real food," and at that exact moment the poor baby threw-up all over my dad. Boy does she know how to clear the Thanksgiving table.
What a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: