Tuesday, August 14, 2012

10 Years and Counting

Eternity might seem like a long time but if the first 10 years are any indication of the coming eternity, then sign me up.
(Our scanning skills are lacking, Chris's face is really smudgy)
I am a fairly happy, content person. I have always known whatever station in life I was given that I would thrive and be happy. Chris and I have both agreed that we would probably be happy without each other, maybe finding someone else or not, having 10 kids or not, being rich or not. But when our worlds collided we were forever altered. I think we were supposed to meet, the way gravity pulled us together was funny. The journey started long before our two selves were one (maybe one day I will tell those stories). Our planets slipped together and we made the conscious choice to stay in each others Universe. We haven't regreted it one day.
We both feel that we are truely blessed. We married young. I was only 20 and Chris 22.

 We had only dated a year before we were married. Without knowing each other very long, we were lucky we meshed so well together. I love him more today then I did back then. Even though he acted as if he liked gardening, which he doesn't. And he loves me still, even though he now fully understands just how crazy I am when it comes to horses. So cheesy but oh so true, we love each other! This journey through eternity has been interesting and sometimes hard but we still get along so well and not only do we get along so well but we have SO much fun together! T o this day if I have a girls night out with some awesome ladies, I always think "Man, I wish Chris was here". Because I always want him here. Forever and ever.

Maybe I will do this, it's scary to share the words that are straight from your heart. A little scary and a lot embarrassing. But oh well, here goes. I once wrote a poem. It reminds me of Chris and the way it felt to fall in love with him. Gulp, here goes. Don't laugh okay. Start judging me.....now

 Everything in place when we
  found us.

  In the place between falling                                                        
  and hitting the floor
 The complete fall of our hearts,
 it came so fast
 that there was no
 space
 between knowing and not knowing.

  Because the two edges of our
worlds slipped together
 and anything between them was now
   nothing.


1 comment:

becky rigby said...

Kelli I love it so much! You are so talented. You and Chris are perfect for each other. Congrats on 10 years.