Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kiss Me Dirty 2012

     What in the world was I thinking? Me, running a 5k, yikes I hate running. I mean I really, really hate running. Unless I am scoring a goal or knocking someone down there is really no reason for me to run. I have a horse so I don't have to run.
     My sister-in-law, Karyn asked if I wanted to run the 'Kiss Me Dirty 5k' with her and I thought, "Why not, I'll give it a go"
 
 
Now Karyn and I had different training techniques. She decided that running every couple of days before the race would probably be the best way to train. I thought sitting on the couch eating cookie dough, reading, and thinking about how terrified I was to run 3 miles would be a more appropriate training program for me. I mean really 3 miles in a row, who does that for fun?
 
 
Well a day before the race I panicked a little. I really needed to know if I could run 3 whole miles without collapsing because I had never ever run 3 whole miles in my life. So I ran on my parents treadmill. The good thing was I survived (barely). The bad thing was I was bored out of my mind. 35 minutes of running, not the funnest thing in the world. I even had some of my favorite tunes, still bored. In hindsight I think I shouldn't have run a day before the big race because I had a touch of the sore muscles on race day.
But I'm pretty sure sore muscles help with the game day jitters.
The perfect storm: Nerves (I peed like 10 times, 2 times in a port-a-potty, super gross, I must have been nervous!),  Sore muscles, 3 miles, Obstacles
     

and oh yeah, a little mud
 
 
I can't believe I am going to say this...wait for it...My name is Kelli, I ran a 5k and I loved every minute of it (minus crawling through a net, it made me claustrophobic (which I have because of my sister and brother. When I was little, they would chase me around the house and then lock me in the hall closet singing 'umpa umpa umpa dee do' from Willy Wonka) I almost needed to rip the net apart and get out, but I didn't)
We had many wondrous adventures that day, some of them a little more dirty then others (huh, you were waiting for that kind of joke sooner or later because, well  I did run the 'Kiss Me Dirty' 5k. I will tell you right now, that is the one and only). We ran through tires, ran 3 miles, crawled through tubes, jumped over walls, ran 3 miles, we even ran one mile straight up a dirt hill
 
 
Well almost a mile straight up, maybe like 1/2 of a mile straight up?
 
 
Climbed up a crazy high rope ladder, ran 3 miles, jumped over more walls, ran 3 miles, and swam through mud pits
 
 
 
We may have gotten a little bit muddy
 
 
We may have kissed a random guy holding a sign that said "I'll kiss you dirty" (that doesn't count as one of those jokes because he was holding the sign not me) While our husbands took a picture
 
    
We may have pretended to be running, so we felt better about our time
 
 
 We may have played like 3 year olds in a massive amount of crazy, fun bubbles
 

We may have been able to run through the finish line and not have to be carried through it
 
 
We may have sprayed each other off in horrible, freezing, cold water
 
 
 we definitely had fun!
 
 
And we may have felt a little proud of ourselves for accomplishing something that we never thought we could do
 
 
What did the Lil' Boss think?  You ask
 
 


1 comment:

Jake and Milin said...

This looks like a ton of fun!!