Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Celebration

To celebrate 10 years of pure marital bliss, we decided that going to Oregon would be awesome.
(This was Oregon, a long time ago)

 The fact that we are still in Utah might clue you in that we started planning too late and just couldn't fit the trip into our schedules, darn it.
But never fear because Kelli had something magical up her sleeve :) We have a gift certificate to Ruby River and thought that would be a super yummy treat for our August 9 Anniversary. Little did Chris know that I had altered our plans for something a little more fun.
I decided it would be romantic to have a beach side picnic and then go swimming because Chris had said a couple days prior he wanted to go swimming. Lil' Boss loves water so I thought it was a win win.

I wanted it to be a surprise right until the last possible minute so I had to do some fancy finagling to get all the picnic stuff in his car (the one that doesn't need new tires) without him knowing. So, I had him meet me at the horse pasture right after he got off work so we had both cars in one place and I could do a little switch-a-roo. This is were I had to get sneaky. I left a little early from our house so I could get all the picnic stuff out of my car and hide it in a barrel outside the pasture all before he got there. Then I had to pretend like I had just pulled up to the pasture so Nora would be strapped in her car seat and I could say "Hey, why don't you take Nora in my car because she is already in and ready to go to the other pasture up the street,  there are only 2 horses to feed in that small pasture and you can watch Nora while putting out hay and I will feed the 6 horses in this huge 4 acre pasture (where it would be harder to watch her). He said " Man, that is a great idea, feeding will go faster." So we switched cars and I snuck the picnic and our swimming suits into his car. Then he came back to the big pasture and got Nora out to see her big blue horse (The way she says Blue is so cute, she rolls her little tongue on the L). After I finished feeding, I took Nora right by his car and said, "My mom is at our family friends in Uintah, (which is close to the horse pasture and close to the canyon to Pineview and we really do have friends that live there) we need to drop her off there so my mom can watch her. It'll work out great because we can drive together and go straight to Ruby River and pick up the car after dinner." Chris replied, "Oh yeah, that's a good idea, let's head to Uintah." Then instead of Uintah, we headed up the canyon and enjoyed a fun and romantic picnic on the beach as we watch the sunset. Boy that was a super long story, good thing love is patient.
When we got home I had 10 balloons, for 10 years of marriage, floating around (it really was a joke trying to get 10 balloons in my car with a baby, so in reality it only ended up being 8 balloons, we lost 2 in on the way home from the store) all had a memory tied to it (Thank you pinterest).
Things like: How we felt when we held Elanora for the first time, The time we got chased out of a ghost town called Hiawatha, Our first kiss... ahhh so romantic. I made chocolate dipped strawberries and we had sparkling pear juice and watched our wedding video, so sweet!

  
If you think I was romantic, wait until you hear what my boyfriend did. Man, Chris hit it out of the ballpark this time friends!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Awww...so sweet!!! And yes, you are right he did hit it out of the park.