Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My hubby just gets more and more romantic! I didn't think he could ever top surprising me with a birthday horse.

(First time with Blue, I had just gotten over the flu the day before this picture)
But boy did he hit it out of the ballpark this time, clearly he wasn't hitting off  Felix Hernandex.
This little gem of a story took place August 11. My very good friend Tanica was getting married. Chris and I were excited because we thought it would be so fun to get to go to the temple so close to the Anniversary of the day that we separately (he couldn't see me before hand, duh) drove to the temple with our parents, while both listening to "Going to the Chapel" on the oldies station in the car. And maybe one of us was late and the other one thought I wasn't going to show up. 10 years of us being late to things because of me would have calmed his nerves that morning. How exciting that we got to replay that amazing moment and at the same time getting to see someone I love starting her fairy tale for time and all eternity.
As we were sitting there watching Morgan slip the ring on Tanica's finger Chris slipped this little beauty on my finger. It is so perfect!

(It is on the wrong finger because it was a little too big)
Now you may ask, "Why weren't you wearing your original wedding ring?" It's simple, I'm incapable of having and maintaining really nice things. In the 10 years we've been married, I've knocked a diamond out of my ring twice. The first time I knocked it loose, we weren't even married yet. I was riding a horse that bucked and I went flying up onto his neck, luckily I didn't fall onto the really fluffy concrete below, where I'm sure a nice comfy pillow would have cradled my head. No I didn't fall but my hand smacked against the saddle horn knocking my diamond loose. I was able to get it reset and everything was okay. Unfortunately not too long ago, I was at a church meeting, I looked down and one of my diamonds was gone.

I looked all over but couldn't find it. I had fed horses that morning and think it must have fallen out in the pasture.
So I told Chris that maybe I needed a band, then I wouldn't lose another diamond. So Chris got me this ring. It is so perfect, he knows me so well. I don't like things very flashy or bulky. I like simple things and this is just that simple with a little extra sparkly bling. I absolutely love it!  Good job hubby! Awww, so sweet! I think I will kiss Chris right now!

No comments: