Thursday, August 23, 2012

Say It Ain't So

   Because I am in complete denial that August is almost over and I will be heading back to work in a couple of weeks, bringing an end to Nora girl and my crazy summer adventures, I am going to continue to post all of our July excursions, in hopes that September won't come.
   One such said adventure was a trip to the Benson Grist Mill. I was just recently informed that Benson Grist is not a first and last name but a grist mill is a type of mill. The Bensons owned the grist mill, not Benson Grist owned a mill. Go figure. What the crap is a grist mill? (can I say crap on this blog?) What exactly is getting grist at the mill? And what in the world is grist? Well I certainly have no idea. But one thing I do know is that Nora loves her cousins and while she didn't quite get the grist mill concept either, she did thoroughly enjoy being with her cousins.
(Here is the whole crew in front of an outhouse. Don't worry, it is just for decoration, although the cute cousins found out that someone before them didn't know it was just for decoration...gross)
   There were a whole bunch of activities for the kiddos to do. Nora mostly chilled in the stroller until after 5 minutes in it she wanted to get out and run through all the kids who were playing the games, messing up their form and stealing the equipment

 
Good thing she is cute or people would not have been happy about her cheating
 
We had a great day. I have a lot of super cute pictures of all the cousins but I didn't ask the sister-in-laws if I could post pictures of there beautiful kids. So here is a picture of Elanora's hair-do that day.

 
You better believe that I am going to keep posting our July adventures, I think that it will make August last longer

No comments: